Saturday, February 12, 2011

Who are you... who, who? Who who?

It was a real privilege to meet Roger Daltrey a couple of days ago.

He's a driving force behind the Teenage Cancer Trust concerts at the Albert Hall and is going to be performing songs from Tommy at one of them this year... so he dropped in at Absolute Radio to help promote the shows and the cause. All the proper DJs must have been busy because I got a phone call asking if I could come along and do an interview. I didn't have to think for very long. Of course I could.

He was a proper gent... very easy to chat to and really passionate about the charity and all that it does.

You can get tickets for his and all the other concerts - they run from March 21st to the 27th - here.

Some of the interview will be in tomorrow's show - 10am til 12 on Absolute. And of course it'll then be on the subsequent podcast - what d'you mean you don't subscribe? I'm pretty sure the complete interview will be put out as a separate podcast too.

I bloody love this job.

1 comment:

Rachael Ludford said...

Dave - I'm unspeakably jealous. You lucky lucky man.

I did get to see John Paul Jones on stage last year though (as part of Them Crooked Vultures), and that pleased me. Everyone loves a legend